CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

When It Rains It Pours...

That statement has summed up our life the past couple of days...

Luke has been sick for a number of weeks now, he kept telling me that it was seasonal allergies, but then I got sick.. and I called him a liar.
Luke is STILL sick. and getting worse. He has gotten to the point numerous times in the past couple of days where you can barely breath. He is coughing fluid up from his lungs, and due to the trouble breathing, is having trouble sleeping.
Trouble sleeping is no good when you share a bed, and trouble sleeping for one means trouble sleeping for the other.
Not to mention the fact that "barely breathing" is a loud wheezy experience.. quite annoying to listen to, probably more annoying to experience first-hand.
So we've been trying to figure out his really confusing health insurance and find him a doctor.
In the midst of this, I found one of Luke's razor blades chewed up on the floor - all 5 blades MIA.
At first I wasn't concerned, because I found them in the possession of Bailey, who chews things, but doesn't swallow things.
I drove to work, and then starting considering the possibility that Bentley had been the original culprit, and Bailey merely found the already chewed up casing... this posed a problem, because Bentley swallows everything.
I made a quick call to the vet who instructed me to bring him in ASAP.
I had the work phones transferred to my cell phone and set off to take the dogs in to the vet.
about an hour (and $150) later, I get a call that they DID indeed find 2 of the blades in Bentley's intestines.
I did a thorough search of our carpet and found the other 3 blades (good news for the soles of our feet)
I was instructed to watch him closely throughout the rest of the day, and alter his diet to "enhance" his bowel movements (gross I know)
and he has to go back into the vet on Wednesday for a follow up xray (goodbye additional $70)
So THEN I get a call from Luke around 4:00 informing me that his mom is in the Emergency Room having pain in her chest.
He gets home to pick me up so we can go to the hospital, we go down the stairs (in the dark now) and step into a pool of liquid at the base of our stairs...
Apparently Bentley is in too much pain to go potty outside.
WILL THIS DAY EVER END?!?!?!?!

1 comments:

Virginia Earwicker said...

Great story about the razor blades. It reminds me of this older lady we ministered to at Adopt-A-Block who swallowed a tack, and hacked both of her lungs to death (they dropped it into the other lung as they were removing it) before they actually got it all the way out. Hope your dog has better luck with his bowels...