CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 11, 2008

Dysfunctional Madness

We had yet another painful reminder that babies would be easier at this point...
I don't have any pictures of the following stories (but after you read it, you'll thank me)


so..
I took a little side job doing Home Inspections on Foreclosures, Bankruptcy, missed payments, etc..
so anyway..
Luke has decided that for safety purposes (one of the first ones I did was a little sketch) he was going to accompany me, so we chose to take the dogs with us last night..
well, as some of you may remember, Bailey has had a little trouble with car sickness, but she has been doing better, so we thought she was over the hump..

well.. we were wrong.. Basically the evening went like this..
Inspect a house, pull over & clean up puke...
inspect another house, pull over and clean up more puke..
Inspect another house, pull over and clean up even MORE puke (where this girl manages to pull stomach contents from is beyond me...)

So, we're down to a few houses left to go.. and the sun is setting quickly, so we need to get them done quickly (because nighttime doesn't work very well for photos)..
so we're driving along when we both start sniffing the air, we look at each other and both ask the same question "what's that smell?"
well.. it didn't take long to figure out that "that smell" was the contents of BENTLEY'S stomach (who has been having some tummy issues later).. came out the opposite end of Bailey's..

At that, I made the executive decision to postpone the remaining houses and head home.

So we pull in to the driveway, and I go around the back of the car to let them out...
what I didn't anticipate was what happened next..

I opened the backdoor and the dogs jumped out.. but when they jumped out the poo (which was covering them) came flying out with them.... all over my face.. and arms.. and clothes..

That's when I gave up (Luke was laughing) I just said "I'm done." "I don't even know where to go from here"

Basically we wrapped Bailey in an old sheet and luke carried her straight up to the shower (she was MORTIFIED because she HATES being even a little dirty.. so to be covered in poop was beyond her)
Luke bathed her while I cleaned out the car.. (meanwhile Bentley is screaming in the backyard because we locked him back there alone, and he has never been alone a minute of his life)

Luke and I switch places while Bailey dries off and Luke carried Bentley upstairs (all 80 pounds of him)...

It was quite a night...

I swear babies would be easier..


Forget headaches, and being tired.. nothing ruins the mood like being covered in dog poop..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you think babies will be easier huh?!?! We'll see. You could always banish the dogs the the garage you know, well Luke could! Is'nt being the parent of anything fun! Love, hugs and kisses, Mom

Katie Scott said...

I nearly vomited...